A good IT team supports the core functions of the business in a way that enables long-term growth, helping the company to achieve its highest levels of productivity and success. That may sound like a tall order, but with the right leadership, it’s something an IT team can truly deliver.
As you consider ways for your IT team to reach that high standard, here are some best practices from the Salient Networks team.
7 Rules for a Successful IT Team
- Maintaining a standard environment is key for productivity. Make sure everyone is working with basically the same set of tools, and that the entire organization has roughly the same technological ecosystem.
- It’s of paramount importance to keep software and hardware up to date. Routine upgrades will ensure that everything’s working as it should.
- You’re never fully secure—plain and simple. Don’t become complacent. Always be zealous in increasing your standards of data security. No matter how much you do, you can always do more.
- Avoid single points of failure. Back up data, and have redundancies both in hardware as well as people.
- When it comes to new technologies, always think in terms of ROI. Good technology should improve the company’s bottom line, not drain it.
- Culture matters, too, and new technologies should be chosen to align with the company culture.
- Even robust IT teams need to outsource sometimes—and there’s nothing wrong with that! You do not have to do everything in house.
On that note, the Salient Networks team provides IT leadership to companies across the country—and we’re eager to talk with you about how we can help raise your team to the next level. Reach out to Salient Networks today to begin that discussion.
Learn more about managed services from Salient Networks.