A lot of companies share a familiar list of IT frustrations. They find that their IT team simply can’t act as nimbly or as efficiently as they’d like. They are overwhelmed by the cost. They feel like they’re paying for a lot of products or services that they’re not really using. The list goes on from there.
But what if there was a better way to approach IT? Is there a method that solves each of these problems and provides greater value? That’s where IT as a Service comes into play. In this post, we’ll offer an overview of ITaaS solutions.
What is IT as a Service?
IT as a Service turns your tech team into a fairly autonomous department, almost a self-contained business within your business. The IT team can then provide the rest of the company with tailored technological services, whatever they need to meet their needs.
This level of customization is key. Essentially, the ITaaS model provides a variety of IT services, from which internal clients can select what they need to help them achieve their business goals. Thus, nobody winds up paying for anything they don’t need.
The Benefits of IT as a Service
As you can imagine, there are a number of ways in which this approach to managed IT services can empower a business. Consider just a few of these major benefits of IT as a Service.
- Cost effectiveness. No longer do you have to pay for programs, services, or equipment upgrades that you don’t actually need. This managed network services model allows business to pick from an a la carte menu, meaning they can control their budget by only paying for the things that actually deliver value.
- Scalability. Related to the concept of cost effectiveness is scalability. With the ITaaS model, companies can start off with a smaller IT apparatus (and thus a more modest budget), but easily expand their technological infrastructure as their business develops.
- Flexibility. Managed network services can fit your business in a number of ways. If you already have a great IT team in place, your ITaaS vendor can simply support them, consulting when needed. But if you don’t have an internal IT division, you can outsource all of it to a company like Salient Networks. In other words, we can actually become your company’s IT department.
- Security. When you work with one of the best managed IT services, you can rest assured that there will be plenty of behind-the-scenes cybersecurity monitoring and precaution. Simply put, your ITaaS provider will help you steer clear of hackers and data breaches. They’ll be proactive, meaning you won’t have to worry about it.
- Training and expertise. When you hire an ITaaS vendor, you get more than hardware and software. You also get access to tech professionals, who can consult with you, provide training, or troubleshoot a program whenever needed.
- Updates. One of the most time-consuming aspects of managing your IT infrastructure is keeping all your programs and platforms properly patched and up to date. An ITaaS vendor will handle all of that for you, ensuring your network is totally current.
These are just a few of the reasons why more and more businesses are choosing the ITaaS model. And if you’d like to do the same, we invite you to contact Salient Networks for more information. Learn more about ITaaS and how it can benefit your company, from one of the best managed IT service providers in the country.
Salient Networks is here to provide IT service management solutions that are tailored to your business needs (and your budget). Find out more by reaching out to Salient Networks at your next opportunity.