Cybersecurity is an increasingly major concern for businesses. It’s imperative not just that you keep your data secure, but also that you keep your customers’ private information from falling into the wrong hands. It’s no exaggeration to say that a major cybersecurity breach could be disastrous for your business.
What’s more, these attacks are quite common. The biggest surprise, though, is how many cyber-attacks are essentially self-inflicted wounds—that is, the result of businesses that simply don’t take the right precautions. For instance, did you know that more than 90 percent of cyber-attacks are due to employee behaviors, such as clicking on links or opening emails they shouldn’t?
In other words, you can avoid these cyber security disasters by heightening your internal awareness. The best way to do that is by providing cyber security awareness training for your entire team.
In this post, we’ll take a look at some of the best cyber security training tips that your IT team can implement.
Be Safe Online: Cyber Security Tips and Training Methods for Your Company
There are a few ways you can ensure the proper cyber security education for your team members.
- First, simply focus on awareness and understanding. Many employees may not realize how impactful their actions are, and how risky it is to open certain files or websites. Instill in your team members a sense of the role they can play in cyber security awareness, merely through being a little more mindful. And, more than anything else, just remind them that cyber security is important.
- Put guidelines in place for regular file backups. Make sure employees know the best methods for storing their work, and for ensuring that key files are always backed up somewhere safe and secure (such as in a protected cloud storage area).
- Keep employees updated on online news and trends, and ensure that managers and leadership are regularly briefed on any changes to the company’s cyber security policies.
- Also create policies for updating software; make sure employees are all in the habit of keeping their devices healthy and current.
- Be clear in articulating Bring Your Own Device policies. Employees should have no doubt about what devices are or are not allowed, nor about how they should keep their devices secure when on the company’s network.
- Make cyber security education an ongoing process. Make sure you schedule review sessions at least once a year.
Cyber Security Safety with Salient Networks
To ensure the best cyber security training in your office, you may wish to design a program with help from our experts. At Salient Networks, our IT professionals are well-versed not only in the best cyber security training principles, but also in all pertinent California cyber laws.
As a leading provider of network management services, we’ve helped countless businesses set up proper cyber security protocols—but that’s not all. We also have a robust ITaaS offering, which means our IT pros will come alongside your own technologists, augmenting and supporting their efforts. We can even help you develop and deliver the cyber security education that your employees need—whether that means imparting practical guidelines or simply offering updates on those California cyber laws.
Develop the Best Cyber Security Training Program
Cyber threats are real—and your company can’t afford to ignore them. One of the best ways to keep yourself safe is simply to raise awareness among your team members, as part of a formal training structure.
Salient Networks can help you and answer any questions you have about cyber security products. (Start by reviewing our list of key cyber security facts.) To learn more, reach out to Salient Networks, a leading California cyber security company, today.
Why Choose Salient Networks as Your Tech Partner
Interested? Let's talk.